We make men without chests and expect of them virtue... We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst.
--C.S. Lewis

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Courage

February 20-26 is National Eating Disorders Awareness Week

Courage

What is courage?
     What is beauty?
          What does it mean to be an example?

Is it being fearless?
     Is it being flawless?
          Is it never making a mistake?

Or--

Is it doing the right thing even when it terrifies you?
     Is it recognizing your immeasurable worth, finding strength and
     confidence in how much God values you?
          Is it trusting God enough to walk forward, knowing you will misstep
          sometimes--and being willing to backtrack and start again when you
          do?

Oh my friend, how can I tell you how I feel? Watching you struggle and break, unable to fix what's wrong, unable to ease your way--only to listen, to tell you I love you, to tell you I'm here if you ever need anything. This is something you have to do, but I will walk with you. I will cry with you. I will wait with you until the day God heals and restores you. We will see that day together, and then we will rejoice! Until then, never forget:

You are courageous.
     You are beautiful.
          You are an example.

And you shall be victorious.

Beauty From Pain

I love you.

No comments: